Administrative Assistant (Dallas, TX)
The selected candidate will support the professional work of engineers, geologists and other professional staff to assist with workflow, communications activities, and clerical duties.
This position requires the ability to communicate effectively, advanced multi-tasking capabilities, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Applicants must be detail-oriented, able to prioritize and work on multiple tasks at one time, and be available to work extended hours from time to time during peak periods. The ideal candidate will have a proactive attitude toward providing assistance and support. Applicants should also have the aptitude to quickly grasp new concepts and software.
Applicants should have at least two years of college experience and experience working in a professional environment, preferably in the energy sector. Proficiency in the full suite of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as Adobe Acrobat, is required. Previous experience with travel coordination, including visa and passport applications, and French language skills would all be a plus.
U.S. work authorization required.
Responsibilities for this position would include:
- Answering phones and route phone calls
- Scheduling conference calls and conference rooms
- Maintaining divisional calendar of employee travel, PTO, and client visits
- Managing catering and Conference Room set-up for visiting clients
- Managing filing of hard copy and electronic documents
- Processing all executed documents, such as contracts, confidentiality agreements, indemnity agreements, and invoices
- Preparing invoices, transmittal letters, job memos, and letters of invitation
- Coordinating monthly Division meetings for continuing education training
- Completing expense reports for senior level professionals
- Overseeing adherence with Record Retention Policy within the Division
- Assisting with report editing to ensure consistency and grammar
Additional Support Tasks:
- Serving as the receptionist during a lunch shift, once per week
Acting as the Backup to the company Travel Coordinator
- Preparing visa and passport applications
- Coordinating travel through company travel agency, following corporate guidelines
- Booking hotels, car rentals and flights, including AAward travel, using various online tools
- Ensuring adherence to corporate travel guidelines, or obtaining approval when employee requests fall outside corporate travel guidelines
- Assisting clients and non-Dallas-based employees with hotel and transportation needs, including flight scheduling, when they are visiting the Dallas office
DeGolyer and MacNaughton offers excellent benefits and compensation.
If interested and qualified, submit resume with cover letter. In subject line for email, indicate which job opportunity you are responding to. SUBMIT RESUME NOW (resume receipt not acknowledged)