Desktop Support Technician - Dallas TX
We are seeking an experienced Desktop Support Technician to join our growing and successful organization. The ideal candidate will provide support and maintain in-house computer systems, user assigned company computers, and peripherals. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware, software, and equipment while maintaining uptime with minimal impact on our staff. This is not a programming position.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Install, configure, and maintain the usability of desktop computers, laptop computers, peripheral equipment and software, including not only standard business applications from Microsoft and others, but specialized industry software
• Troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user training and assistance where required with a proactive approach to problem resolution
• Work with vendor support to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software
• Perform upgrades and maintenance on systems pursuant to company practice
• Troubleshoot in-person, on the phone, and remotely
• Perform and maintain inventory control and asset management
Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as function as a successful and participating team member. Also, must be detail oriented and able to prioritize and work on multiple tasks at one time
Education and Experience:
• Degree in computer network systems or related discipline and a minimum of 3 to 5 years of previous desktop support experience
• Demonstrated strong hardware, OS, and application software troubleshooting skills
• Possess good communication, analytical, and user support skills
• Experience installing and configuring PC hardware/software and printers
• General knowledge Windows scripting and PowerShell
• Basic understanding of networking concepts (LAN/WAN, Configurations, Firewall, Routers/Switchers, TCP/IP, cabling) and the ability to troubleshoot minor network issues is preferred
• U.S. work authorization required
DeGolyer and MacNaughton offers excellent benefits and compensation. No relocation offered.
If interested and qualified, submit resume with cover letter. In subject line for email, indicate which job opportunity you are responding (Resume receipt not acknowledged).
Return to Careers.